Old fashioned luxury cars
When you hear stories about rich people spending money on things to travel with, these typically involve high-end cars, yachts and private plains. Well, it turns out that there is another mode of transportation that attracts at least some of the super-rich — private rail cars.
And, as you are about to discover, these are not your typical trains, not on the inside, anyway. Private rail cars boast all the luxuries you see on other luxury transports, not least the ornate furniture… Just take a look for yourself.
2. Many private rail cars are an homage to classic luxury trains from the beginning of the 20th century.
3. Before presidents traveled by air, presidential train cars were the equivalent of Air Force One with all the luxuries of a fancy home.
4. At the turn of the 20th century, the extremely rich flaunted their wealth by making their rail cars as luxurious as possible.
5. Many private rail cars have sleeping compartments for long, overnight trips.
6. Many rail stations welcomed private cars that people could visit and get a feel for the history of rail industry.
7. On Saturday, private rail car owners across the U.S. put their cars on display to teach the public about the history of the railroad in America.
8. One of the many benefits of having a private rail car is there’s plenty of room for guests.
9. Who needs a hotel? During cross-country travel, those lucky enough to travel in a private rail car have no need for hotel rooms — everything they need is on board.