Desert Luxury Real Estate
Why an Agent Is Beneficial
Real estate agents are specially trained to walk clients through buying a home. They often live in or around the area where their offices are located, and are familiar with local attractions and amenities. Agents also have established relationships with area bankers, lenders and city officials. Your agent puts his or her experience to work for you by providing you the expertise needed to help you find the right home at the right price.
There are a few different kinds of real estate agents.
- A real estate broker can be a person, firm or corporation. A broker is licensed to sell property for a fee or commission. Each agency or office is owned by a broker.
- Real estate salespersons, or agents, can’t act as a broker, but they are the ones you’ll work with the most. Agents show homes and draw up contracts for the broker.
- Buyer’s agents and seller’s agents work on behalf of the buyer and seller, respectively.
Qualities to Look for in an Agent
- Ethical - Any agent who represents you should be willing to disclose any problems your potential purchase may have, as well as recuse themselves in the event of a conflict of interest.
- Competent – Your agent should have done the necessary legwork before you are ever shown a home; pre-inspecting properties, choosing homes that fit your price range and planning carefully are all good signs.
- Committed - Real estate agents who make a full-time living from their job are more likely to be invested in a satisfactory transaction than part-time agents.
- Professional - Your agent should have a minimum of three years of experience in residential real estate sales.
- Community-oriented – The agent you choose will have a much better idea of what the neighborhood or city is like if he or she is a local resident.
In addition to the community ties and business relationships that your agent puts to work on your behalf, each representative also has access to a database of property listings. The Multiple Listing Service (MLS) contains information on most if not all of the properties for sale in a community, complete with price, pictures, and any other relevant data. Selections can be narrowed in several ways, from the number of bedrooms or bathrooms to price or square footage.
You might also like
Romantic Time Stud-earrings Anti Black Silver Classical Elegent Serpentine Design Suitable Any Occasion
Jewelry (Romantic time)
Romantic Time Womens Charm Jewelry Fashion Purple Rhinestone Link Bracelet
Jewelry (Romantic Time)
Romantic Time Womens Beautiful Jewelry Fashion Charms Link Bracelet
Jewelry (Romantic Time)
Real Estate in Charlotte, NC? | Yahoo Answers
are you confusing brokers with agents? they are two different jobs. That said, any agent, no matter where they live/work, is only as good as they want to be. If you are a dedicated professional, you can work "part time"--but you will be competing with other equally dedicated "full timers"--and this will put you at a disadvantage. Selling houses can be financially rewarding IF you make the effort. If at all possible, i'd say work RE full time if you can, as you will make more money, probably, than you can working for someone else. Good luck.